13 May 2015

Madrid in photos

Hola!

I've safely returned from 11 days in Madrid and have jumped right into watching Rome. We tennis fans don't really get much down time eh?

Madrid was amazing. The city itself is just incredibly beautiful and I loved the tournament. I shared a lot of pics on my Instagram account, and I'll be writing a post on my travel blog soon.

I wrote some posts for The Changeover - thanks guys for the opportunity!

Final thoughts on the Mutua Madrid Open
Super Wednesday in Madrid
Cornet’s ‘festival of missed opportunities’ in Madrid
Thoughts on Saturday’s action in Madrid
Hola from the Mutua Madrid Open

Just a few pics from my time at the tourney - hit me up with questions if you're interested in going!


Tournament program

Manolo Santana stadium



Walkway to the backcourts - quiet before gates opened

Inside the Magic Box

Back court action during week one

Venus Williams made her first appearance here in a few years

View from outside the main entrance
Video game area always full of kids

Fans wait for players to arrive or walk past after practice

Exiting the site at night

The only time the stadium was full was during Rafa's matches

Social media wall - also showed pressers/matches on occasion

Aranxta Sanchez Vicario stadium was my fave - great size

View toward the back courts

What greeted me each day as I arrived onsite


Lovely view from the ground level of La Caja Magica

Bar area on the ground - sadly never hung out there for a beverage

Ion Tiriac collection I believe this was called

Love the steps up to the stadium



Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment