10 February 2015

Next stop: Indian Wells

Happy 2015, albeit a bit belated. I've finally got my body clock back to normal after the Australian Open. A few 6am bedtimes left their mark, but that's grand slam tennis for you...

A year ago, I was busy planning my first trip to the Miami Open. I spent an amazing 9 days (see my blog post here) at the tennis with my tennis-loving mom. Overall, we loved our time in Key Biscayne.

Fast forward a year, and I'm back planning another tennis trip, this time Indian Wells awaits!

Having lived overseas for most of my professional working life, I'm still making up all those years I spent living outside the US.  I'm slowly making it to most of the American tourneys alongside my goal of making it to one new tournament each year. In 2012, I went to Cincinnati. In 2013, I made my debuts at Charleston, Washington, DC and Newport. Last year, it was Miami.



So 2015 will be the year I've decided to head to Indian Wells. I can't wait to finally see what everyone raves about each year. I'll be there from the 10-20th of March and it will also be my first-ever visit to Palm Springs.

There are endless reasons to be excited - the setting looks incredible, and the hot desert air will be a nice welcome whilst the Midwest is still cold and snowy. But most of all, I've heard the crowds just love tennis and I can't wait to hear them welcome back Serena Williams. The world #1 announced last week that she'd be returning to the tourney for the first time since 2001. It's not a coincidence I booked my flight later that day!


If you've been to Indian Wells and have some tips for a first-timer, please share. I know many tennis fans will be onsite, so if you want to meet up and say hi, hit me up via Twitter.

The countdown is ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment