25 August 2012

US Open 2012 - planning and picking



Being the tennis addict I am, of course I can't miss a grand slam that's in the same country....so off I go next week to US Open 2012.

This summer has been full on for most sports fans with the Olympics, but given the French Open-Wimbledon-Olympics triple header and my week in Cincinnati for the Western and Southern Open  this tennis fan is hoping for a very relaxing five days in NYC.

But who am I kidding. This is New York and this is the biggest slam in terms of people. I can't wait. This will be my third trip to the US Open and it's always easier to go back to tournaments that are familiar.

I'll be at the tennis Thursday to Monday and am hoping for less rain this year! Last year is a bit of a blur, but I was back in New Zealand for the finals and both scarred me as my two fave players lost (and I was at work so couldn't watched either live). I did rewatch Rafa and Novak's match, but have somehow not sat through Stosur's win over Serena (did that really happen?).

So back to 2012, here are my fearless picks:

Women's picks:
Quarters: Li def Lisicki; Maria def Petra; Serena def Wozniacki; Venus def Vinci
Semis: Li def Maria; Serena def Venus
Final: Serena def Li

Men's picks:
Quarters: Federer def Berdych; Murray def Tsonga; Isner def Haas; Del Potro def Djokovic
Semis: Murray def Fed; Del Potro def Isner
Final: Del Potro def Murray

Yeah, I admit these are not picked just with my brain, but here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment