12 August 2012

Reporting from Cincinnati Ohio


Greetings from Ohio! I've arrived for the Western and Southern Open, a huge tourney for both the WTA and ATP tours. So stoked.

I have media credentials, so I will be at pressers and anywhere and everywhere I'm able!

This is my first trip to Cincy and so far I'm loving the venue. It's literally a 3-4 minute drive from our hotel, and the grounds are so cozy compared with all the slams I've been too (and of course a wee bit bigger than the Auckland tennis tourney venue).

Tonight, the night match was veteran American James Blake against the very tall Kevin Anderson of South Africa. It was a rather sparse crowd for most of the night, but as Blake broke Anderson at 5-5 in the first set the crowd roared to life a bit more. Blake still has a wonderful forehand and his returns got better as the match progressed.

I got a glimpse of some practice sessions - including one between Milos Raonic and Alexandr Dolgopolov.


Stay tuned for photos video and reports this week!

Here's  Blake's match point:



No comments:

Post a Comment