08 November 2011

World Tour Finals and Davis Cup bound!



I got a wild hair a few weeks ago and decided to go to the Davis Cup final in Seville, Spain. The only reason it even occurred to me as something to do was I found out tickets weren't on sale yet so I still had a chance!
(Ironically, they still aren't on sale mere weeks before the big event.). So with complete disregard for my finances (but I mean, really, I'd sell my car to attend this amazing event), I have booked my journey and cannot wait to see 
 Rafa, Ferrer, Delpo, Nalbandian, Pico, Fernando and Feli Lopez (most likely).

Rafa. On clay. In Spain. Hello bucket list!

So, given the distance required to get to Europe from New Zealand it's only logical that I should also make time to go to the World Tour Finals in London, right? Luckily for me my older bro lives near London so I can catch up with his lovely family and celebrate the lovely American Thanksgiving holiday while I'm there. The timing is perfect (thanks ATP).

One of my friends told me I should be in line for a tennis fan trophy this year. Either that or I should have my mental health checked. I can't imagine the money and hours I've spent watching tennis this year. But what better way to end my 'year of the fan slam' than by attending these two amazing events? I am a big believer in taking opportunities when they present themselves so I'm just going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment