17 November 2011

Days away from World Tour Finals!


Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images

In less than 24 hours I'll be on my way to the UK to attend the World Tour Finals in London! Beyond excited to see my first indoor tournament and watch the top 8 men compete against each other.

There are so many questions - will injuries prevent Novak, Mardy and Andy from playing at full strength (or even completing their round robin matches)? How will ATP Finals newbie Mardy Fish compete on the biggest stage of his career? What are the London tennis crowds like outside posh Wimbledon and Queens? 

I have very low expectations of my main fave, Rafa. I don't even mind him playing at 60% or less considering he's got the Davis Cup final in early December but I just hope for injury free play from him.

I've got tickets for Tuesday night, Wednesday day/night and Friday night so praying hard one of these sessions will include Rafa vs Federer. Otherwise my already wounded credit card will get even more of a workout!

I'll be filing tournament reports for Tennis Grandstand so looking forward to sharing my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment