23 August 2011

What’s your favourite tennis surface

Hard courts

To me, tennis equals hard courts. Yes, I grew up playing hard court tennis and that's the most common surface in the US. I didn't used to enjoy watching clay court tennis but have come to appreciate it now that the surface doesn't play as slowly as it used to. I enjoy watching grass court tennis but the ball doesn't bounce the way it does on a hard court so personally I think the game is better on hard courts (and I imagine I would not deal well with the bad bounces on grass).

My fave slam is the Australian Open, and my favourite parts of the tennis season include the March hardcourt tourneys in the US as well as the pre-US Open season (now known as the US Open Series). So hardcourts all the way baby!

For reference: 30 Days of Tennis Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment