26 May 2011

Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to Roland Garros I go!

Wow what an amazingly crazy first few days of Roland Garros 2011 - I think my stress levels have been tested far too early in this slam (I'm looking at you Rafa, Li Na and Maria Sharapova).

It will not get any easier - Delpo (my  #2 ATP love) takes on Nole tomorrow and I am so uncertain about Rafa's mental state right now.

I'm desperately trying to get a ticket to Phillipe Chatrier stadium for Saturday so I can see Rafa on clay - a dream of mine. So as I am meant to be packing for my Eurostar train to Paris in the morning I'm constantly hitting refresh on the Roland Garros ticket trading site just hoping (I actually just missed out on two tickets - can not hesitate for a second, literally!) to get a ticket.


I will be at the tennis on Saturday and Sunday, and like any tennis addict I will find it hard to leave while the tourney is still going on but alas, I have four weeks left in the UK so I will not be too greedy since Queens Club, Eastbourne and Wimbledon await.

I admit most info I've heard from people who've attended the French Open has not been positive so I'm really keen to see how it compares to the Aussie Open and US Open.


I just missed another ticket for the main court - had gone all the way to the end of processing only to be told they were no longer available. I think it's going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment